domingo, 27 de julho de 2025

Lieutenant Columbo paper cut-out

Woman

 

 

 

Bedroom-Int 

We see books strewn. Posters on the wall. Two different screens showing Columbo episodes. 7 different mugs. (While we hear her voice.)

                          MARY

                (We begin to see her in #you#- sat on the floor) 

 

      I feel like you’ve been distant (because of his silence she hesitates) Y-you even sound kinda annoyed…

                   JOSHUA

                  (calmly)

I'm not annoyed at all, neither I think I'm being distant.

                    MARY

      When you said we should stay as friends, I thought you’d still be in my life.

                   JOSHUA

                  (calmly)

      I talk to my friends when I have the time. 

                   MARY 

          Right. Of course. 

Mary looks at phone. We see the phone. Mary Throws it against a wall.

 

 

We see Mary’s face wondering -like the scene in adaptation- and a voiceover. 

            V.O.

Had I not said that bit about wanting to build something would he stay?

 

(Cut to Mary walking from one side of the room to the other)

If I weren’t so jealous I bet he’d stick around. Now it’s all over.

 

 

(Cut to Mary wondering over and over, possibly a montage where images double and intertwine and juxtapose upon each other)

 

   He does not love anymore. It’s dead. It’s cold, blue-lipped. Laura palmer on wrapping paper. Six feet under.

 

|From Mary’s closet we hear a loud knocking|

Mary gets weirded out, gets up and goes to open the closet.

Hesitates, and then opens it.

From the closet comes out a woman that looks exactly like Mary but dressed like Lieutenant Columbo

 

          FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO 

Good evening, Miss McCool I suppose, Lieutenant Columbo from the LAPD How’d you do?

                    MARY

     Uhhh…

          FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

     It’s ok, I understand that death creates delicate situations.

                     MARY

     Lieutenant, you must be mistaken. There was no murder here. 

               

           FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

     Oh, is that so? Well, I’ll just ask you a few questions for the station.Just standard procedure, ma’am, nothing to worry about.

                    MARY

             (hesitant) 

     Alright.

          FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

Do you remember where you were at on May 11th, around 12p.m.? 

              MARY

Hm, Uh- I’d had a fight with my mom, and I hadn’t seen Joshua in a week or so, so I asked for him to show up in front of my apartment

        FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

 Hmhum. And did you notice anything different about love at the time?

             MARY

About love? Lieutenant, frankly, I hardly remember this spirit. 

 

   FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

But I couldn’t help but notice you were speaking of it in the past tense, a few minutes ago

            MARY

(slightly nervous) 

 Uh, well lieutenant you’ll certainly understand that- wait, for how long were you in-

 

 

 FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO 

      That’s not important now ma’am (smiles), it’s just that when things don’t add up I just get this feeling. It’s like when you can’t remember where you’ve placed the car keys. It just lingers, you see?

 

              MARY

     So I’ve heard lieutenant but there simply wasn’t a homicide. Go back to your station and I’ll look for a shrink or an exorcist

 

 

 

FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

 

(cigar in his hand, looking around the room, puffing)

 

You see, MS. McCool, some murderers are so talented, they create this, this, narrative- that’s so good- (claps hand doing the columbo thing)- they even believe in it (smiles to mary)

 

   

 

                      MARY

 

                I’m terribly sorry, I despise your little implication that I somehow have anything to do with the death. Of this “”” Love”””, you see, I don’t even believe in such a concept, Lt. Columbo. Read any of these books and you’ll see just what I mean- we’re all just. Wretched little cruel creatures roaming this earth and there is no such thing as-

 This – Christian make-believe guilt tripping shackle you call “”love””

 

 

             

FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION LIEUTENANT COLUMBO

 

 

Well Ms. McCool, you said it yourself (columbo gets a remote and shows a low footage video of Mary (He does not love anymore. It’s dead.) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                        MARY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Idea that I’d like. -Phone call scene moves to open environment where callers are looking at each other. 

 

 

 

                        

 

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Film Camera